Wednesday, January 04, 2006

15,000 days!

Several years ago I stumbled upon a web page (now long lost) where you could calculate how many days you had lived. It also told you about upcoming anniversaries - and my next one was 15,000 days. Meaningless and fun enough trivia to qualify to be included in my digital calendar.

And today, long after I forgot all about it, my PDA beeps joyfully in my pocket and when I turn it on a reminder from the past blinks at me: You're 15.000 days today. Happy me! :)

This week has so far offered me 2 other good and 1 bad event. The bad is that I have received my first speeding ticket ever (photo box). I was doing so well and have really been committed to reach my personal goal of never getting a speeding ticket. I am very disappointed at myself and there is no excuse. Talk is easy, I want to live what I preach.

The two good events are that I have met up with two dear friends that I have not seen in a while. I'm, despite my faults, a happy man.

A reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

[Monty Python, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"]

No comments: